You may recall that last week we participated in our very first guest blog post on Latte Issues! Well, now it’s time to return the favor and they’re here to provide us with the first LoL Guest Blog! We love reading their blog so we’re sure you will as well!
Hey everyone! First of all, a big THANK YOU to the ladies here for letting us post on their site! We are very, very excited! (If you can’t tell by the abundance of exclamation points already used…)
We’re Caroline and Taylor from the blog LatteIssues (as underemployed 20 somethings, we’ve got a “latte” issues…). We started our blog back in October when we were unemployed and seriously questioning how on Earth everyone around us seemed to have their lives on track and we somehow didn’t. In the past seven months we’ve gotten jobs and internships in the fields we love and now find ourselves working 7 days a week! It’s been quite an adventure and even though Taylor moved 2,000 miles away, we’ve kept in touch through our blogging. And boy oh boy do we love to blog…about everything. Food, dating in New York City, not having money, still living at home? You name it, we’ve probably written about it.
Now we certainly aren’t advocating for eating your feelings…but we certainly aren’t against it either. Pairing food with the right situation can (almost) always make you feel better. Whether it’s chocolate chunk brownies for when your crush doesn’t like you or a cheap pasta dish to make at home when you have no money – we believe food can be helpful to make it through your 20s.
This Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Peanut Butter Pizza can help you cope with a variety of situations from stupid dudes, to celebrating your first big job, to everything your 20s can throw at you in between.
Chocolate, Mashmallow, and Peanut Butter Pizza
butter for greasing pan
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teapspoon baking powder
big pinch of salt (optional)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- we goin in!!
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease baking pan with butter.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking pwder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
3. With an electrix mixer set on medium, mix together butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and egg until smooth and creamy. On low speed slowly add the flour mixture and beat until just blended.
4. Roll out the dough onto the greased baking sheet and using your hands or a rolling pin press it into a large circle. Use your fingers to pinch the edges into a pizza-like crust.
5. Bake the dough for 8-12 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
6. Evenly sprinkle the marshmallows and chocolate chips on top of the baked dough.
7. Bake for another 5 to 8 minutes or until the marshmallows are light brown and puffy. Allow to cool, stuff your face, and enjoy!!