So we were recently nominated for The Bouquet of Three Award! Thanks so much to Christine over at Ms. Chris Creations. If you love food, you NEED to check our her blog because she has our mouths watering every time we even browse the homepage!
We have to admit, when we first started this blog we did not think it would be this fun or successful! We created it on a whim, part of each of us thinking it would die out after a couple weeks…but here we are months later being recognized by other bloggers for what we do – it makes us want to keep going!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link them in your post
2. Write 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award & let them know by posting on their pages
7 things about us!
1. S&E – This YouTube video is basically why we are friends. Look at the little hands! And giant eyeballs! It’s just too cute! This, along with some other YouTube gems (surprised kitty, mom stole all my Halloween candy) pretty much got us through our final days of Stats senior year.
2. E – I have no games on my phone. Its really weird, I see everyone playing candy crush and temple run etc but I’ve just yet to download them. I think this means my soul is really 95 years old.
3. S – I’m convinced I’m part vampire. Not in the Twilight kinda way, but in the I really like dark places, rain, and cold weather kinda way. I generally want nothing to do with anything summery or sunshiney – but I’ll be that girl taking walks, iceskating, and running around downtown with a hot chocolate, a scarf, and a big smile all winter.
4. S&E – We both work in a different state (district) than where we live. Aka Elyse lives in the city and works in Arlington and Shianne lives in Arlington and works in the district. (So backwards, right? But we’re both too stubborn to move…)
5. E – When it comes to doing things that affect only me.. I’m really bad at motivation. This sounds backwards, I know, but basically it means that if you want to do something I had no interest in, I’ll usually play along, but if I..say…need to go to the DMV to get my car registered but really don’t want to waste a beautiful Saturday afternoon in line…(ha too close to reality).. I wont go. It’s bad. I need to work on self motivation!
6. S – I’m really good at pretending to be productive and organized. I keep a calendar that is color-coded and am the queen of lists, spreadsheets, and clean email inboxes – but it usually only sticks for a couple weeks. However, I have been on quite the streak lately and am doing really well with my new methods of organization and I’m really excited about it!
7. S&E – We both have slight obsessions with Beyonce & Jay-Z. Elyse wishes she were the former and Shianne the latter. We don’t know what it is about them, but the music, the style, the swag – it’s everything we adore…and more! We’re so jealz of baby Blue Ivy!
1. Once in a Blue Spoon
2. Birds Feather Blog (Bonus! One of S’s good friends runs the blog! xO)
3. Love and Lace
4. Reflections of a Foodie
5. Hello Homebody
6. The Fashion Huntress
7. Chez Sasha
8. The Fancy Pants Report
So thank you again to Ms. Chris! And to everyone who reads our blog – we’ll try to keep it interesting for you all!