You’ll know I mean business when I say that these cookies taste even better than they look! When I first saw this recipe on one of my favorite baking sites, Sally’s Baking Addiction, I knew I HAD to try it. It was so simple and different from my normal chocolatey messes. It definitely didn’t disappoint! These are some of the naturally softest, well-forming cookies I’ve made. Something about cake mix just allows the cookies to rise perfectly!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
– 1/3 cup Canola Oil (or Vege)
– 2 Eggs
– 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
– 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
– 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I mixed white & milk)
1. Mix cake mix and baking powder in large bowl
2. In a separate and smaller bowl, combine eggs, canola oil, and vanilla extract
3. Mix wet mixture into dry mixture & stir until well combined
4. Fold in chocolate chips
5. Roll into little balls – use taller balls if you want the cookies to turn out nice and thick!
6. Pop in the oven for about 7 minutes – but be careful not to overbake! (This is one of my biggest mistakes in cookie-making…)
I chose to make these small and thick, rather than large and thin, because I prefer little bite-sized cookies so I can give more of them away…and so I don’t feel bad eating as many :p Needless to say, these have easily made it into my “Oh I just whipped these up” secret mind-blowingly simple cookie recipe archives. I love cake mix cookies, so I’m hoping to branch out and try some more recipes that use cake bases…it’s too easy not to experiment! …And now it’s only 11a.m. and I’m so ready & hungry for lunch after writing this! Oops!
xO – S