What do you get when to combine chocolate chip cookies, Oreo’s, birthday cake and sprinkles? These delicious guys! We need a good name for them(any suggestions??) but for now we’ll call them Oreo Birthday Cake Oreo Blondies, because that is exactly what they are.
First off, who knew that Oreo came out with a fun birthday cake flavor because we had no idea. We adapted from this recipe but S is a big believer in changing to what you’ve got and what you like. They are absolutely delicious and beyond easy (as is our way!) so here is exactly what you do!
This recipe may suggest birthday festivities, but no real celebrations are required to enjoy them!
You will need:
8 tbsp butter, room temperature
~1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
~1 tsp vanilla (we like to add extra!)
1 cup all purpose flour + 1/4 tsp baking powder + pinch of salt, sifted together
~10 Birthday Cake Oreos, roughly chopped (as you will see we kind of broke them apart and I have no idea how many we used, as many as we wanted!)
~1/4 cup sprinkles (we just finished the sprinkles we had)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your baking pan with tin foil (makes removal and clean up 10x easier)
2. Soften your butter, and using your mixer OR wisk (we went with mixer for ease and timeliness) cream together the butter and brown sugar
3. Add in your egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
4. Add in your flower/baking soda/salt mixture in 1/2 a cup at a time
Your batter is now complete! Could it be easier? Time to incorporate your Oreos and sprinkles..
5. Gently break and fold in your oreos and sprinkles until evenly distributed
6. Once mixed, eat an oreo for fun then spread into your baking pan
7. Bake for around 20-25 minutes. I think we took it out after 28 and our blondies were nice and gooey just how we like ’em!
Tada! Eating them warm is a delicious but messy process, give them 30 minutes to cool off before you cut for perfectly formed blondies!