Do you remember when your mother told you to finish your brussels sprouts and you probably protested and eventually snuck them under the table to your dog?? Okay maybe that was only me but for the longest time I was very anti sprouts until I rediscovered them a few years ago and now I cannot get enough!
Brussels sprouts, like Broccoli, contain many vitamins and anti-oxidants .. even sulforaphane– a chemical believed to have potent anticancer properties. Are you sold yet?
They are also quite possibly the easiest thing to make and I had a craving yesterday afternoon so here’s a recipe for the easiest and most nutritious side dish you can make!
Brussels Sprouts Side!
Don’t have Camp Mix you say?? Well it hails from the great state of New Hampshire only but in reality is just a mix of salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt and celery salt.
In reality I think with just the salt, pepper and garlic you’ll be set!
Step 1: Preheat the oven.
2. Wash your sprouts
3. Get rid of the extra outside leaves — brussels sprouts are like mini cabbages
4. Chop into Quarters — if some outer leaves fall off don’t worry they’ll be nice a crispy later!
5. Toss in a bowl with a splash of oil oil and your spices.
6. Lay out onto your foiled pan for baking time! — try to separate them so they get nice and crunchy
6.5. I sprinkled a little extra camp mix on top…
7. Pop into the oven and after 10 minutes open up and toss them around a little, then pop them back in for another 10.
They’ll be crispy and steaming!
Wow your friends and make your mom proud with your delicious and healthy side!