Did you know that last Friday was National Peanut Butter Lovers Day? Well, it may be a week late, but I’m still celebrating with these delish new cookies! And it’s a good thing they turned out so well after my epic fail last week. Also, I apologize in advance for the pictures. My dough-covered hands don’t always do so well trying to photograph moments….I’ll be looking into a personal photographer…or a better camera…
I adopted this recipe from one of my favorite baking blogs – Sally’s baking addiction, and although mine didn’t turn out quite as thick and fluffy, they were still soft and delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 package of rolos candy
– 1 cup peanut butter
– 1 stick softened butter
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 1/4 cup flour
– 1 egg
– 3/4 cup peanut butter
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Combine butter and sugar in large bowl
2. Stir in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order)
3. Mix in baking soda and flour
4. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes (I kept mine in for a couple of hours)
5. Create cradles for the rolos out of dough
6. Cover the exposed part of the candy with more dough
7. Bake for 9 minutes at 350 degrees
8. Eat & enjoy!
I kept a few at home at give out to my friends (after all, what would the cookie palace be without cookies?) and I brought the rest into the office. Everyone loved them, despite me thinking they turned out a little too flat. This is definitely another recipe I’ll add to my list of favorites!
Next time I might try to go a little lighter on the dough and make my cookie balls taller rather than wider, just so I can get a more cookies out of the dough amount….but even with them being a little flatter than I had hoped, they were delicioussss! Try them out and let us know what you think!