Full disclosure….I’ve had this post drafted and ready to go for a couple weeks now…but with all the travelling and stuff I’ve been doing, I never actually got around to finishing it. So here it goes:
First of all, I’d like to dedicate this post to our friend Steve, who we went to school with, who recently told me that my recipes were too easy not to try. Which is probably one of the best baking compliments I’ve ever received …since that’s pretty much what I’m always aiming for. I don’t necessarily have the time (or patience) to make anything extravagant, so I try to take simple recipes and add a little twist. My most recent endeavor may be my new favorite…
Most of you probably didn’t know that National Nutella Day was a few weeks ago (Feb 5th to be exact) so I decided to celebrate my making some funfetti cookies stuffed with the delicious hazelnut spread.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 Box of Funfetti Cake Mix
– 2 Eggs
– 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
– 1 Jar Nutella
– 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet
2. Scoop small, round balls of nutella onto the sheet
3. Freeze for 30-40 minutes
While the nutella is freezing, began preparing the cookie dough.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
5. Mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract in a bowl and stir until combined
6. Take nutella out of the freezer and begin shaping the cookie dough around each nutella ball until no nutella is exposed
7. Place back on cookie sheet
8. Bake 8-10 minutes
9. Eat and Enjoy
You can make the nutella balls as big or small as you’d like – it depends on how big you want the cookies. I personally think I made mine too large and ended up only being able to get 15 good cookies out of the batch. But this was my first time making these – so if you try them and have any other tips and tricks, let me know (this means you, Steve & Fanny)! I’m hoping to make these a couple more times and tweak the recipe until I find something perfect!
So even though I’m late in posting this and it’s no longer National Nutella Day…..who really needs an excuse to eat nutella?