I’ve been a bad little blogger, neglecting you all for a few days so thank you to Shianne for picking up my slack!
Anyhoo here is a bit of a recap of my incredible unhealthy food weekend:
U street became my destination point last weekend, and somewhere along the way at around 3:00am I recall mentioning that I had yet to stop at Bens Chili Bowl, one of DC’s famous food staples!
We were so close.. so so close.. and so this happened…
Excuse my blurry picture, but really this was just the real deal and I could only wait 5 seconds before diving in!
I asked the nice man controlling the line that wound around the block (yes at 3am!) what the boys and I had to order if it was our first ever time.
Why, Chili Half Smoke and Chili Cheese fries.. SOLD!
My mouth is watering now just thinking about it.. who needs to go??
The next day was the super bowl and as everyone knows its against the rules to bring anything healthy to a super bowl party. I opted for Buffalo Chicken Dip and Oreo Cheese Cake Brownies– check and check.
Buffalo Chicken Dip:
I used the basis of this recipe but made a few tweaks..
What you’ll need:
– 2 10 oz cans of chunk chicken, drained
-2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened (leave it out for about an hour beforehand)
–1 cup ranch dressing
-1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
– 3/4 Cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
1. Put a pot on the stove on medium and dump in the chicken and the hot sauce. Let simmer together for 5 minutes until warm. Also Preheat the oven to 350
2. Add in the packages of cream cheese individually until integrated and melted in
3. Add in the Ranch Dressing and HALF of the cheese. (I may have done more than half but hey, I like cheese!)
4. Let all of that warm up together until its smooth and delicious looking
5. Spoon into a large 9×11 pan and sprinkle the rest of your cheese on top (or as much as it takes to cover the entire thing in a nice solid layer)
6. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until you see the top start to get bubbly.
Tada! This dip was a hit and if you have left overs, you can save it and pop it in the microwave to warm it up for later!
Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
I love oreos.. and cheesecake..and brownies.
Luckily, pinterest has a solution for that!
Now these brownies are entirely from scratch, and I followed the recipe to a T but in future I may end up using boxed brownie mix.. just to save time and money 😉 don’t tell!
In the end if you do go for the brownies from scratch, I prefer more fudgey brownies instead of cake-like so I would suggest going for two eggs or one egg and one egg white only.