New Year, new recipes!
I’m always looking for new ‘go-to’ recipes that I can whip up at a moment’s notice for any office party, birthday, or other social gathering. However, I’m not very patient when it comes to baking…or anything, really. I figure, life is too short not to cut corners every once in a while when you can. So my general M.O. is to find a recipe I like and alter it a little to fit my style.
If you are patient, here is the original recipe from my newest baking website addiction from a true baking genius: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/12/09/recipe-round-2-cake-batter-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Annnnnd here is the ‘spark-noted’ version I made last night:
– 1 ¼ cup flour
– 1 ¼ cup yellow or white cake mix
– ½ tsp baking soda
– ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
– ½ cup sugar
– ½ cup light brown sugar
– 1.5 tbsp. vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– ½ cup chocolate chips
– ½ cup vanilla chips
– ½ cup sprinkles
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease or spray baking pan
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, cake mix, and baking soda; set aside.
3. Soften butter, mix with both sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Combine the two bowls and mix until combined
5. Add chocolate chips and sprinkles
6. Spread mixture into pan
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden in color
Super simple, super delicious – just my style. Try them out and let me know what ya think!
xO – S